The mobile app market posted another strong quarter in Q3 2023, suggesting that the app economy is stabilizing after an unprecedented decline in 2022. Mobile players spend saw positive year-over-year growth for the fourth consecutive quarter and has reached $33 billion each quarter so far in 2023. Everything and much more are in the data.ai report.
Overall figures of mobile players spend
- The mobile app market continues to recover beyond 2022. Mobile app revenue (gaming and non-gaming) reached $33.6 billion in the third quarter of 2023.
- However, the share of games is declining. Games earned $20 billion in the third quarter of 2023 – $0.3 billion less than the same quarter in 2022.
- The iOS gaming segment fell from $12.5 billion in Q3 2022 to $11.8 billion in Q3 2023. Google Play, on the other hand, showed growth, from $7.8 billion to $8.2 billion in the same period.
- App downloads of all types of apps are on a plateau. There were 38.4 billion downloads in Q3 2023.
- Games in terms of downloads in Q3 2023 even added 0.1 billion to 15.1 billion. Downloads (albeit not significantly) increased on both iOS and Android.
The best games of Q3 2023
- Royal Match was the highest-earning game at the end of Q3. Dream Games managed to beat out Candy Crush Saga, Honor of Kings, ROBLOX, and Monopoly GO.
- The download leaders are Garena Free Fire, Subway Surfers and ROBLOX.
- ROBLOX, Garena Free Fire and Candy Crush Saga are the largest games in terms of MAUs.
Read full report here