According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence, Tencent’s “Honor of Kings” game generated $220 million in sales on the App Store and Google Play worldwide in July 2023, ranking first in the world in mobile game revenue. For a full list of the top 10 mobile games by global revenue, please see the article below and Sensor Tower’s official reports.
- In July 2023, mobile gamers spent $6.56 billion on entertainment – about the same as a year earlier.
- The U.S. is the largest mobile market ($1.9 billion – 28.7% of total volume). China accounts for 19.7%; Japan has 16.4%. As always, I’ll note that Sensor Tower doesn’t count revenue from third-party Android devices in China.
- Honor of Kings earned $220 million in July and once again took the top spot.
- In second place was PUBG Mobile ($172 million). 62.8 percent of that revenue came from China; the U.S. accounts for 9 percent; India is third in revenue at 7.5 percent.
- Justice Online, a new MMORPG from NetEase, earned $113 million and climbed to number three on the chart. That said, the game is still only available in China.
- 4.74 billion games were downloaded in July 2023.
- India accounts for 17.5% of global downloads (833 million); Brazil is second with 9%; the U.S. has 8.4% of the market in downloads.
- Garena Free Fire is the leader in downloads in July, having been said over 21 million times. 27.7% of downloads came from India, followed by Indonesia (9.4%) and Brazil (8.3%).
- Roblox is in second place for downloads (20.4 billion). Brazil accounted for 12.9% of downloads; the U.S. had 12.2%; and Mexico had 7.3%.
- Tencent’s Arena Breakout ranked third in the ranking of the fastest-growing (by downloads) games in July