Newzoo, a leading gaming market intelligence firm, has recently published a report detailing the top 10 games of September 2023 on both PC and console platforms, ranked by their monthly active users (MAU). This comprehensive report provides valuable insights into the gaming preferences of the global audience and sheds light on the latest trends in the gaming industry.
- Counter-Strike 2 took the top spot for MAU on PC. People complain about bugs, network code issues, and lack of macOS support. But they keep playing.
- Minecraft moved up to number two; Fortnite moved up to number three.
- Cyberpunk 2077 climbed 14 spots (to 6th place) thanks to the release of Phantom Liberty and the 2.0 update. The developers themselves say it’s now the game CDPR originally set out to make.
- The MAU console chart leaders are Fortnite, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, and GTA V.
- NBA 2K24 and EA Sports FC 24 topped the charts in September. Surprisingly, the basketball simulator overtook the soccer simulator in terms of MAU. However, NBA 2K24 was released at the beginning of the month, while EA Sports FC 24 was released at the very end.