The creators of GTA have decided to share some great results in their annual report. Take-Two’s revenue last year exceeded $5 billion, which is twice as much as the year before!
A side note: Mobile games market overview in April 2023
The company has revealed that it will enter a new economic phase in fiscal year 2025 (which runs from April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025). It plans to generate $8 billion in revenue through the release of several high-profile titles. It does not specify which ones, but presumably it will be the new GTA series.
Speaking of games, in the report Take-Two also shared fresh figures regarding sales of their projects. The bottom line is as follows:
- GTA V – 180 million copies
- NBA 2K – 135 million copies over the entire series
- Borderlands – 80 million copies for the entire series
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – 53 million, along with the first part 75 million.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization – 67 million copies for the entire series
Zynga‘s mobile hyper-casual games division also stood out, as their work has been downloaded a combined 2.4 billion times!