The analytics company data.ai has shared preliminary figures on the mobile gaming market for the third quarter of 2023, which will end on September 30. Royal Match will be the highest-grossing mobile game for the third quarter, surpassing Honor of Kings and Candy Crush Saga in terms of revenue.
Revenue of games
- Analysts expect gamers from around the world to spend $20 billion on mobile games in the July-September period. That’s about $300 million less than in the third quarter of 2022;
- Most of the amount will be spent on games from the App Store – $11.8 billion. Google Play users will spend $8.2 billion;
- The revenue leader will be Match-3 Royal Match from Turkish studio Dream Games, which will displace the hit Honor of Kings. It will drop to third place. Second place will go to Candy Crush Saga.
- Mobile games will be downloaded 15.1 billion times in the third quarter, down 100 million from last year;
- Google Play users are expected to generate 5.5 times more downloads than App Store users. They will download games 12.8 billion times;
- The top 3 leaders in terms of downloads will remain almost unchanged. As in the second quarter, the first two lines will go to Free Fire and Subway Surfers, but the first place will go to Free Fire. As for the third place, it will be taken by ROBLOX.