Hogwarts Legacy became the most popular game in the Harry Potter universe, firmly taking the top spot in GfK‘s ranking of best games of the week.

A side note: Hogwarts Legacy become is the most popular game on Twitch

Just a week after its release, the game managed to overtake the sales of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone 2001 by 64%. All that was counted in physical sales, since at the time of release, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was distributed on physical media and digital sales were out of the question. The success of Hogwarts Legacy game is even more impressive, because it has been purchased over 500 000 times before its release on Steam, and Epic Games Store has placed it on the first place among the popular projects, leaving behind GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Hogwarts Legacy became the most popular
Official screenshot from the game

82% of Hogwarts Legacy sales came from the PS5, with the remaining 18% from the Xbox Series S and X. Digital sales are likely to close this gap between the two platforms, as Xbox digital share tends to be higher than physical (partly due to the popularity of the digital-only Xbox Series S).

We should expect sales of the game to continue in the coming weeks and months, especially given the spring releases of the PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of the game.