Dataspelsbranschen analysts took a look at how Embracer, Stillfront and King generated more than half of Sweden’s gaming industry revenue for 2022. We share the main findings from the report.
- Sweden’s gaming industry companies earned €8.1 billion in 2022, with revenue jumping 38% compared to 2021.
- The top 3 companies by revenue were Embracer Group (€3.54 billion), Stillfront Group (€664 million) and King (€598 million).
- The top 10 companies paid €250 million in taxes in Sweden.
- As of December 2022, there were 939 gaming companies in Sweden. Almost half of them have opened in the last five years.
- 49% of the companies are solo developers. Another 38% are teams with less than 10 employees in 2022.
- In Sweden itself, there are 8,445 game professionals. Another 16,494 people worked in the foreign offices of Swedish companies in 2022.
- The largest gaming employer in Sweden is Ubisoft with 850 employees. EA DICE (696 employees) and King (621 employees) are next.