Remedy Entertainment has released its financial report for the third quarter of 2023. In it, the company revealed how game development is progressing. Alan Wake remaster pays off, remakes of the first two Max Payne titles ready to start production
- Remedy’s revenue was €7.8 million, down 1.1% from 2022.
- The operating loss for the year rose from €3 million to €5.5 million. As the company explained, the reason lies in spending more on game development. It is now putting more money into it than ever before.
- Remedy is not yet ready to tell about the sales of Alan Wake II, but it is satisfied with the high press estimates.
- Alan Wake Remastered has recouped all development and marketing costs.
- Control 2 is still in the proof-of-concept phase – it will last a few more quarters. But Remedy is seeing good progress on the game.
- The Control spin-off under the working title Condor, as well as the Max Payne remakes and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne are ready to begin production.
- Remedy plans to complete the proof-of-concept phase of the multiplayer PvE shooter Vanguard by the end of the year.